Friday, May 6, 2011

Festool Rocks and is AWESOME

Hey Everyone

After 2 days of training on Festool, not only am I excited about what I saw and learned but excited on why we brought Festool into our Tool Depot stores.

So a little history about Festool. Festool was started in Germany in 1925 by 2 families. One of the same families owns it today with a granddaughter getting ready to take over in the next couple of years. In 1997, Festool was brought to the United States by an importer but in 2000-2001 Festool took it back in house and opened it up the the US Market.

So why would a person want to purchase Festool? There are 7 unique reasons to go with a Festool Tool. Here they are (I LOVE FESTOOL and WHAT I LEARNED IN OMAHA).

1) System Design - Everything works together with Festool, the tools, of course work but don't forget about the accessories and did you ever thing about using the systainer boxes. Trust me I will explain this.

2) Economic Efficiency - Cuts set up time by 73%, I will explain....

3) Service Life - 1st year - Festool pays for shipping both ways if something goes wrong with the tool

2nd and 3rd year - Consumer pays the freight to Festool's repair site in Indinia and Festool pays the freight back to the customer.

If the tools goes into Festool they look over the entire tool to make sure nothing else it wrong with it, that means it is life getting a BRAND new Tool back.

4) Specialization - Festool Tools and accessories are Job Specialized to the jobs they say can do.

5) Innovation of New Tools - They don't just reinvent the wheel, if the Tool does the job it is suppose to do and they can't see how to redo it they don't. ex....Fein Multimaster Tool - they can't see a way to make it better, so they let Fein corner the market. They make a tool better for a certain application where they see needed.

6) Ergonomics - they make tools better for the people that are using them. Like the pressures on a persons wrist, so they are not over stressed.

7) Environment - make the tools safer, like the brake on the Kapex Mitersaw
- keeping work areas cleaner with the Dust Collection

I will post more about what I learned after I process the last two days, I have a TON of information!!!!! We will also be adding items to our Festool Line-up and will be doing demostrations in Sioux City and Sioux Falls!!!! I had a blast in Omaha, with Steve (trainer), the Tool Depot staff and the 14 others in the class. Steve has a ton of knowledge and knows how to relate it for us to share with others.

Laters
Toolgal

P.S. I don't know which tool was my favorite - I think I love them all.